[packman] Tumbleweed uses Leap kernel

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 21 22:17:51 CET 2017

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:53:46 +0100
Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Stefan, do you have OBS_VM_KERNEL set in /etc/sysconfig/obs-server on
> the workers?
> That would override the kernel-obs-build stuff...

Yes, of course, otherwise the KVM stuff should not work according to
the comments in /etc/sysconfig/obs-server...
It seems to work without such definitons, though.

Since a few hours there is an additional worker there (swkjt02), which
has 16 cores and runs 16 worker instances, but unfortunately only on 5
spindles, which may harm the I/O performance a little bit.
This is a fresh installed 42.2 with the obs-worker package from the 2.8
tree. It seems to work quite good so far. There are sometimes error
messages regarding too few hugetable pages, and I do not know how to
deal with it. Perhaps next week, if I can keep the machine that long.

If I find time in the next few weeks, I will try to update all
currently available workers to a more up-to-date OS and also update
PMBS to 2.8. But I cannot promise anything ATM - it is even possible,
that I have to retire from PMBS hosting, but I will give enough heads
up before that, if happening.

Greetings,

Stefan
--