[packman] h264 und Leap 2

Hartmut Krummrei spieluhr at ewetel.net
Tue Mar 21 20:39:54 CET 2017

Hi,

did I miss something? I am not able to play h264-Videos with Opensuse
Leap 42.2. Im a long-time-user of Suse and know very well how to install
multimedia-libs. Normaly I install xine+xinelib2+line-codecs and
everthing is okay. Now I installed gstreamer good, bad and ugly,
xine-codecs, vlc-codecs, ffmpeg and tried to play with xine, VLC and
ffplay.

Output from xine:
xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.

from VLC:
core decoder error: Codec `h264' (H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)) is not
supported.
core decoder error: Codec not supported
core decoder error: VLC could not decode the format "h264" (H264 -
MPEG-4 AVC (p

from ffplay:
No codec could be found with id 86018
No codec could be found with id 28