[packman] Tumbleweed uses Leap kernel

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 20 21:39:25 CET 2017

Am 20.03.2017 um 21:08 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
>> This is a little bit tricky, as the workers are running an older
>> openSUSE 13.1, and there is no such package available.
>
> There is nothing you need to change on the workers. It only needs to be
> in prjconf IIRC:
>
> VMinstall: kernel-obs-build
>
> And it needs to be available in the package repositories.
>
> What version of OBS is PMBS running?
>
>> No, I do not have enough time ATM to update the machines.
>
> That should not be necessary.
>
> But then the config of PMBS looks sane AFAICT, so right now I cannot
> really tell why it does not seem  to apply the prjconf from
> openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory correctly.

checking
posc rbl home:olh:branches:Extra Photini openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64

it looks like the config is pulled in correctly (kernel-obs-build is
pre-installed).

In this case, i guess the build.rpm version on the OBS is pretty old,
the kernel-obs-build feature needs build with at least this commit:

commit 6828560fe22e6a165d83289c1604482fc87ae728
Author: Adrian Schröter <adrian at suse.de>
Date:   Tue Dec 3 18:02:37 2013 +0100

it looks like this was in obs 2.5.0 or later
--
Stefan Seyfried