[packman] FFmpeg build options

Martin Herkt lachs0r at srsfckn.biz
Thu Jun 22 11:34:03 CEST 2017

Is there any reason why FFmpeg is built with --disable-cuda and
--disable-cuvid? Neither requires NVIDIA SDK headers anymore—it’s loaded at
runtime. I’d like to use those features.

Also, I’d like libzimg support in FFmpeg because it has much higher quality
color space conversion than swscale. It’s not packaged at OBS yet,
but Packman has it. Could that perhaps be moved to OBS and enabled for both
Packman and OBS FFmpeg versions? IIRC it’s under WTFPL.

Then, the --enable-nonfree switch can be removed if --enable-libfdk_aac is
also removed. FFmpeg’s internal AAC encoder is almost on par with it now,
although somewhat weak at very low bitrates (64k and lower).
So, if that’s desirable, I don’t think it’d cause much harm.

If on the other hand license conflicts don’t really matter to Packman,
I’d like to see --enable-openssl instead of --enable-gnutls, as GnuTLS has
some trouble with RTMPE streaming.