[packman] OOM during build

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 20 13:14:18 CEST 2017

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:59:10 +0200
Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:

> Since a few days many attempts to rebuild pkgs fail due to OOM in
> cplusplus. It seems the build VMs have just 512MB, according to the
> kvm commandline options. Was that always the case? This is not
> limited to Tumbleweed, also Leap is affected.

Do you know which worker failed with OOM?

I introduced several new workers (swkjb0[2-8]), which are dual quad
core machines with 8GB RAM each, which should give each of the two
worker instance at least 2 GB RAM.
I am experimenting a little with the workers, as there seem to be
problems with older build targets (needed on my university's buil
system), so they vanish sometimes.

Greetings,

Stefan
--