[packman] There appear to be issues with the openSUSE Leap 42.2 Packman repository

Jason Craig j at jacraig.com
Fri Jul 14 17:08:39 CEST 2017

On 07/12/2017 03:53 AM, Jimmy Peters wrote:
> Everything installed, except the k3b-codecs.  When I tried installing them
> manually, after giving the Packman repository priority, I got a message
> that it did not install the k3b-codecs.  I tried doing it manually.  I got
> a message saying that, Package 'k3b-codecs' not found.  I know that this
> worked on previous installations so I presume that something has been
> broken.  I hope that it can be fixed soon as burning MP3 files to disk is
> something that I intend to use.

It did indeed work before, but now there is no more k3b-codecs package
(I don't know why). However, if you install the k3b package from the
Packman repository instead of the Leap repository (if you click the
"versions" tab in YaST while k3b is selected, you can select the
appropriate i586/x86_64 version from the Packman repository), that has
the MAD plugin included which will allow you to burn MP3s to a CD.

--
Jason Craig