[packman] PDF virtual printer

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sun Jan 15 12:15:52 CET 2017

On 2017-01-14 22:48, Luigi Baldoni wrote:
> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 10:22 PM
> From: "Olaf Hering" <>

>> I see its in TW and 42.3. We may link it for 42.2 at least. But then,
>> whoever needs it can grab it from the devel repo.
>
> Thing is one ends up with pulling in a number of other packages with
> an extra repo installed. There's always the risk of messing up
> the system.

I don't see why. One can add a repo and install a single package from
it. That's what I often do.

You can add it with priority 110, and together with vendor stickiness
nothing else will be installed automatically from the added repo.

The problem arises when one uses "zypper dup" (all repos), which is not
recommended on a stable release. Or when in YaST one does "switch system
packages to this repo", as many of us do with packman.

In my opinion, packman should have those packages that for some legal
reason can not be distributed by the openSUSE structure, that's all.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.