[packman] PDF virtual printer

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Sat Jan 14 18:21:07 CET 2017

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 5:01 PM
From: Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net>
> Then you need to ask the maintainer of cups-pdf

That would be me.

> to push into the next release (it exists in Tumbleweed)

Already done that.

> If it exists on OBS, then due to packman build power (well lack there
> of) unless there is a specific package required that only exists on
> packman to add further features (eg un-cripple)

Since the package is very small (26k tarball) and very useful, I thought
it could have a place on packman. Cf. all the not quite vital stuff
hosted in Extra.

> then communicate with the OBS maintainers to get it pushed where
> you would like it.

Unless the world caught fire, there is no way for a new package to
get into 42.2:Update at this point.

> So if it links to factory/Tumbleweed on OBS, then it will break on
> packman as well... a bit ironic ;)

Can't follow you here.

The idea is that Factory packages are stable as opposed as the ones in
devel repos.

Regards