[packman] dropping support for 13.2

dave w seasoftuk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 01:03:40 CET 2017

For those of us still using 32 bit hardware, 13.2 is as up to date as we can go since Suse dropped 32 bit support.
Even though specs of the hardware are supposed to be 64 bit, I could not get Leap to install and it would freeze before the menu appeared.Tried a few disk burns and checksums but nothing.  After that I settled for 13.2 32 bit which worked first time.
Mainly using it as a PVR/ DLNA server with  DVB-s and DVB-t cards, so media support is important.
kde3-kaffeine is the No.1 Application,  The reason being that the newer version of kaffeine is still broken and lacking features.
TVHeadend recordings won't play back 'as is' on a Sony Smart TV whereas recordings from both versions of kaffeine do.

So long as we have a snapshot of the latest build available  as an archive it would probably fill the gap until the hardware gives up or a good proportion of broadcasts go to S2 or T2 which would be an incentive to replace the TV cards with something HD capable.

RegardsDave.