[packman] Package broadcom-wl gone?

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:34:25 CET 2017

> Hi there,
>
> has the package been deleted? I cannot find it in its former repository
> Essentials.
>
> TIA, cheers.
>
> l8er
> manfred
>
> Hello Manfred,

Yes the broadcom-wl is gone from the repository.

I had a review meeting with our kernel guys and we discovered it was not
updated in couple of years while its device scanning ment it was loaded and
attempted to be loaded on almost all broadcom cards errornously.

What the labs people said is that the driver that is at the moment in
kernel should work more reliably and they are more than willing to receive
bugs if something is still not behaving well with the broadcom chipsets
that were before covered by this package.

HTH

Tom