[packman] Packaging request - VidCutter

Gerhard Kühbauer vienna550 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:27:44 CET 2017

Hello everybody, recently I came across an easy to use application to
cut/edit/trim and join videos that has quite impressed me. It's simple,
very quick and does the job very efficiently. It is called VidCutter,
written in Python3 and uses FFmpeg as backend. The GUI is similar to the
good old DVBCut and even works in a similar way. Sadly the development
of DVBCut has stopped many years ago and the program can only handle
MPEG2 and is therefore unable to edit HD-recordings. VidCutter is in
active development and so far I've tested it with mainly TV-recording in
720p and 1080i and it worked flawlessly. Every videoformat FFmpeg can
work with should be no problem to edit for VidCutter. The videos are
saved/exported in the same format as the sourcematerial and VidCutter
doesn't to any re-encoding which would result in a quality-loss. It
simply copies the edited parts of your video when you click "Save
Video". Encoding is only done on the cutpoints (if necessary) and the
process is fast and leaves the quality of the video completely unchanged.

Here's the website of VidCutter: http://vidcutter.ozmartians.com/
The program has very few dependencies: ffmpeg, python3-qt5,
libQt5Multimedia5
Building requires: python3-devel, python3-setuptools

In my humble opinion VidCutter would be a great addition for Packman and
a very useful tool and sooner or later maybe even a replacement for the
meanwhile very outdated DVBCut which only works with MPEG2.

Thank you very much for your time and maybe parts of the following
spec-file or parts can be used to save you some time (if someone is
interested to package vidcutter for Packman):

Name:         vidcutter
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
BuildRequires: python3-devel
BuildRequires: python3-setuptools
Requires: ffmpeg
Requires: python3-qt5
Requires: libQt5Multimedia5

%description
Cross-platform Qt5 based app for quick and easy video trimming/splitting
and merging/joining for simple quick edits. FFmpeg drives the backend with
a stylishly hand edited Qt5 UI.

%prep
%setup -q
sed -i "s/pypi/arch/" "vidcutter/__init__.py"

%build
python3 setup.py build

%install
python3 setup.py install --root %{buildroot}

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%files
%doc /usr/README.md
%license /usr/LICENSE
%{_bindir}/%{name}
%{python3_sitelib}/%{name}-%{version}-py*.egg-info/
%{python3_sitelib}/%{name}/
%{_datadir}/applications/%{name}.desktop
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/%{name}.png
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/512x512/apps/%{name}.png

%changelog

* please add your data
- ***