[packman] dependencies of packman subpackages from same build

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Tue Feb 7 21:01:47 CET 2017

It is indeed annoying because you end up with a setup that doesn't
play closed formats properly as it should be, with ffmpeg/libav
packages from different repositories. It also affects mplayer.

Until zypper implements that behavior (which sounds like a very good
idea to me), which won't be available until the next Leap to most
users anyhow, the best approach is probably to do hard requires with
version+release.

What we used to do in the past is to add a "pm" suffix in the release tag, e.g.
ffmpeg-1.2.3-23.pm

Might not be a bad idea to revive that for a few critical packages
(ffmpeg/libav definitely comes to mind) as it would make sure that we
would conflict release numbers with whatever is built in oss or in
multimedia:libs

Another approach would be a pattern or an empty package
("packman-ffmpeg") that just pulls everything of libav*/ffmpeg in with
hard requires -- that might sound crude but in the end, it is what
everyone wants if they add the Packman repos and want to install the
ffmpeg that's in there.