[packman] experienced linux user who has never packaged anything wants to make opensuse package for gitlab

Warren Postma warren.postma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 00:25:03 CEST 2016

I found your site as a possible entity that hosts lots of community driven
packages. I'm a fan/user of gitlab and OpenSUSE LEAP and TUMBLEWEED are my
favorite distros and I want to package GItlab for it.  Can you point me at
some FAQs/Required-Reading to let me know how do I get started?   I assume
I need to provide the hosting and the bandwidth for the http served files,
but I have never set up a "PPA" thing for an .rpm based distro, only ever
done that with a debian .deb style package distro.

Warren