[packman] OpenSuse 42.1 missing k3b codecs

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 30 19:29:28 CET 2016

Am Dienstag, 29. November 2016, 07:55:52 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, Nov 28, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> > The problem is that openSUSE's k3b package will not contain the mp3
> > decoder
> > plugin even if built with ffmpeg.
> > For that one, libmad is necessary, which is not available in the official
> > repos.
>
> So you are saying whatever change dropped the conditional for mad/lame
> should be reverted in OBS? In this case the OBS version of k3b should be
> rebuilt in packman.

It has been dropped in OBS about a year ago, probably because Packman decided
to diverge from the OBS package anyway and build git versions instead (or
maybe it was just considered unnecessary, I don't know).
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/KDE:Extra/k3b?linkrev=base&rev=43

But I agree, it would probably be a good idea to add it back in OBS. And I
just saw that you did it already anyway, I think we should add an "Obsoletes:
k3b-codecs too though if we don't want to split out the codecs into a separate
package... ;-) )

But we still only package the KDE4 based 2.0.3 currently.
Should not matter as soon as the KF5 version is actually released, and 13.2
(where it would be better to use the KDE4 version) will be out of support soon
anyway.

I'd suggest to still keep the packages on Packman though for now (for 13.2
because it is a newer version, for the rest because there is no "official" KF5
package yet).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang