[packman] ARM workers idle whereas jobs are waiting...

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 22 08:43:46 CET 2016

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 21:19:19 +0100
Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, Boris Manojlovic wrote:
>
> > "kamionche" arm builder has only 2GB of ram so it simply is not
> > possible to make it work on it, disk space is not an issue.
>
> The RAM limit was just for x86, while the disk limit was
> unconditional. Without _constraint most repositories succeeded. Too
> bad the chroot workers do not record any used resources. Perhaps
> everything will succeed if the disk limit is at least 5G. We can just
> put our own _constrain file next to the _link file to achieve that.

At least swrj01 and swrj03 (my own armv7l workers) are chroot, and are
thus not capable of fulfilling any constraints.

I remember, that Johannes Obermayr (IIRC) created a patch to obs-build
to allow constraints with chroot also, but I do not know if it still
works, and if we should use it in this case.

> Olaf

Greetings,

Stefan
--