[packman] mpv _disabled_ (amongst other packages) in pmbs for openSUSE_Leap_42.2

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 16:15:40 CET 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, 15:26:46 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am 16.11.2016 um 14:34 schrieb Manfred Hollstein:
> > What is the status/intention with regard to such packages? Does anybody
> > know and wants to explain it here?
>
> mpv is built in OBS/42.2, linked to the ffmpeg version in OBS/42.2.
> ffmpeg, as rebuilt in PMBS, links to OBS/42.2.
>
> The intention is that there has to be some consistency between the
> packages in OBS and PMBS. Back in the days when ffmpeg was not in OBS
> everything came from PMBS. Since Leap ffmpeg used also in OBS by many
> packages. The result is that PMBS should not simply build ffmpeg from
> the OBS devel project, because that will break SONAMEs, instead the
> exact source version for the given release is rebuilt. This is
> implemented for TW and 42.2, it will not be implemented for 42.1, 13.x
> and SLE_12.
>
> I'm sure the suggested vendor change when upgrading from 42.1 to 42.2
> will not cause issues.

Hmm, what would be the suggested recipe then?

1. zypper dup				# accept all vendor changes packman -> obs
2. zypper dup --from multimedia:apps	# accept all vendor changes
3. zypper dup --from packman/Essentials	\
	--from packman/Multimedia	# accept all vendor changes

If Multimedia works afterwards, ok, but, what I really hate (to be
honest) is the to be expected amount of "xxx packages will not be
updated" messages when running "zypper up" on a daily basis, with "xxx"
being packages available both in multimedia:apps and Packman...

Is this what you have/had in mind?

> Olaf

Thx, cheers.

l8er