[packman] broadcom-wl-kmp and Kernel:stable

Malcolm malcolmlewis at cableone.net
Mon May 30 17:04:43 CEST 2016

On Mon 30 May 2016 01:17:25 PM CDT, Manfred Hollstein wrote:

>Hi Malcom,
>
>On Mon, 30 May 2016, 02:01:47 +0200, Malcolm wrote:
>> On Sun 29 May 2016 08:56:39 PM CDT, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
>>
>> >Hi there,
>> >
>> >I'm currently trying to install the most recent kernel from OBS
>> >Kernel:stable/standard on my systems, but get problems because one
>> >of the systems is using the broadcom-wl WLAN driver. I'd like to
>> >build it for those kernels, too, but I believe I'd need an account
>> >in the Packman build service for that. Can I get that, please?
>> >
>> >E-Mail: manfred.h at gmx.net
>> >
>> >I tried to sign up on pmbs.link2linux.org, but failed because
>> >"password must not contain invalid characters". However, I failed to
>> >find out what characters are allowed, so I thought I'd ask here ;)
>> >
>> >TIA, cheers.
>> >
>> >l8er
>> >manfred
>> >
>> Hi
>> Just grab the src rpm and build locally as your user, then install
>> the built packages with root user.
>>
>> rpmbuild --rebuild <name_of_src_rpm>
>
>yeah, I know and that's exactly how I do it atm. My goal was to get
>this automatted somehow, though ;)
>
>Cheers.
>
>l8er
>manfred

Hi
I don't think pmbs has the spare build power...?

If you have an OBS account you could just build locally (with
osc) against HEAD, no need for the source to reside on OBS...?

You don't even need the repo present, just use --alternative-project
option.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.21-14-default