[packman] libxine dvd reading crash

gianfranco.macchiorlatti at gmail.com gianfranco.macchiorlatti at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:57:22 CEST 2016

Hello,

On my PC I'm running openSUSE Tumbleweed and (obiously) I'm also using Packman
repo (/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/).

By the way IMMO this repo is a -must have- since it contains a lot of useful
things.

I'm writing in order to report an issue I've been seeing for a while on
libxine and DVD reading. This clearly affects any reader based on libxine
including kaffeine.

Mainly the error appear to be related to the usage in libxine of deprecated
iterfaces provided by the libdvdcss.

The error message from the command line is:
"libdvdread: Missing symbols in libdvdcss, this shouldn't happen !"

I had alook at the libxine code and I noticed that this appear to be related
to the symbol "dvdcss_title" which is depecated and removed in latest
libdvdcss.

I'm not sure but I think that units dvd_input.c/.h in libxine (src/input/
libdvdnav/) may need to be patched as in the attached file.

Thanks for your attention,

Gianfranco

Note:
My currently installed packages versions are:

libxine2		1.2.6-102.3	from Packman Tumbleweed
libdvdcss2	1.4.0-1.4		from VideoLan Tumbleweed
libdvdnav4	5.0.3-29.9	from openSUSE Tumbleweed
libdvdread4	5.0.3-35.4	from VideoLan Tumbleweed