[packman] 42.1 VLC ignores font size in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun May 15 19:53:34 CEST 2016

Luigi Baldoni composed on 2016-05-15 17:38 (UTC-0000):

> Luigi Baldoni wrote:

>> > http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/KDE/vlc-tiny-fonts144.jpg

>> Not sure how you could address the problem on....is that Trinity?

Yes, Trinity. That screenshot was actually taken on Q4OS, but Trinity is its
default DE, and the VLC fonts problem looks the same there as in 42.1, plus
Q4OS has other fonts problems from forced 96 DPI and I don't know what else.

> On second thought, I think I do. You should use something like qt5ct, only
> it was deleted from X11:Utilities a while ago. I'll try to have it linked
> back now that there's a use case.

How long might that take? I've already had this machine 6 days. Its owner is
really missing it. I was hoping to get it back to him completely fixed no
later than tomorrow. Would it be possible to workaround by using VLC from the
13.2 Packman repo?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/