[packman] Audacity does start on suse tumbleweed

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Mon Jun 27 16:43:10 CEST 2016

>> @spectre-nm:~> audacity
>> Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
>> detected.
>> The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,STL
>> containers,compatible with 2.6),
>> and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI
>> 1010,STL containers,compatible with 2.6).
>> Annullato (core dump creato)

Hi,

If some dependencies of audacity was built w/ gcc 5, while audacity is built
w/ gcc 6, this ABI breakage will happen.

It happens often and only in Factory(Tumbleweed), because in order to avoid
endless rebuild, our factory maintainers may have some special repository
configurations that prevents dependencies from rebuilding.

This can be resolved by a rebuild of the things audacity needed.

You should report it to openSUSE bugzilla against audacity and ask its
maintainer to find out which one.

Marguerite