[packman] Stable Packman for Leap

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:06:41 CEST 2016

Ok guys this is again half-assed solution with package suffixes and others.

We need to do this properly.

1) Have packman-essentials-Factory project
 * builds against factory only
 * links only factory packages
 * links only factory deps
2) Have packman-essentials-Product project
 * Builds only against openSUSE-version they are for
 * links only packages from this product
 * links only product dependencies
 * If something is missing it inherits the dependency from the product+1,
if missing then product+2...
3) Use sr# approach for packages not in OBS to first go to packman-factory
and when verified go to the "stable" products, alternatively use
maintenance model (but that uses more resources).

Last time people were against this because it IS more complex than one big
heap of everything in one repo. But it is the only solution that makes this
rock-solid and actually safe for use on stable environments and edgy for
Tumbleweed.

For the PMBS the resources load with the above should be lower due to
lesser need for rebuilds.

Tom