[packman] Packman for Tumbleweed

Richard Brown RBrownCCB at opensuse.org
Mon Jun 20 13:19:08 CEST 2016

On 20 June 2016 at 12:02, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, Richard Brown wrote:
>
>> Packman's current model for Tumbleweed, building against
>> multimedia:libs and not Tumbleweed, means that Packman users get
>> packages of the NEXT version of ffmpeg, gstreamer, etc, BEFORE it is
>> ready for Tumbleweed
>
> Regarding gstreamer, I wonder what kind of testing is done. Can it do
> anything useful in the variant from OBS? Looking at the spec files, only
> -bad and -ugly rely on packman.

openQA is fully capable of loading a video, going to a specific frame
and confirming it renders properly, and listening to audio and
ensuring the output from the sound card spectrographically matches a
reference audience sample.

So in short, we test if it works, not whether it's got a pretty spec file.