[packman] k3b in packman

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:44:27 CET 2016

Hello,

I've noticed that in packman we have k3b branched as git snapshot instead
of basing from OBS.

>From the changelog there is nothing specific for this divergence and from
revision log it only seems that Johannes is using it as his personal
playground.

I would strongly argue that this is not purpose of the packman and we
should be just multimedia adding repository (esp. in case of essentials).

User simply gets completely different k3b even tho he just might've wanted
the ffmpeg integration enabled. If the KF5 enabled k3b should be built
somewhere it should be in OBS.

Also note that on Leap and Tumbleweed we don't need to keep the k3b in
Packman at all as it happily builds with OBS ffmpeg and just swapping the
libs does the magic fine.

With that in mind I would recommend changing the file to be _link and
disabling on TW for now to see if someone spots some hickups.

Anyone against? Any sensible rationale to rather keep it git snapshot?

Cheers

Tom