[packman] Deprecated packages needing removal

Carlos E.R. cerobinson at ieee.org
Thu Feb 25 10:23:38 CET 2016

On 2016-02-25 06:00, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a recent newcomer to the openSUSE community. One of the results of
> my query on the openSUSE forum regarding repositories has led to the
> statement that there are packages on Packman that need to be removed.
>
> The packages mentioned are fpc, lazarus, and qt4pas-devel. A succinct
> post listing these is at:

I asked about Lazarus on Mon, 1 Sep 2014.

Apparently winff uses it, and linking against OBS "... would mean, that
the whole project would have to be compiled against
devel:languages:pascal. That would introduce even more confusion"
(Stefan Botter).

Yes, having obsolete versions in packman is problematic, because it
means I can not do a zypper dup from packman, as I use Lazarus from OBS.

--
Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.