[packman] Does Handbrake work for anybody on Tumbleweed?

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Aug 17 14:35:59 CEST 2016

Hi Olaf,

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016, 21:24:31 +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Today I changed handbrake to compile in TW and 42.2.
> It will take some time until its published.

I just wanted to confirm that the latest packages for handbrake
(0.10.5-2.3) allow to remove all packages from multimedia:libs and to
fall back to the libav* packages from Packman, but, the best thing is,
it actually works again ;) Thanks a lot!

> There is currently no ffmpeg3 for TW.

I'm not sure if the winff package in Packman is able at all to work with
ffmpeg3, so there's no real need atm (at least from my point of view).

> Not sure if the is an easy way to default to ffmpeg2
> if no specific version is in BuildRequires.

When there are multiple versions in one tree, I guess we'd need
something like:

BuildRequires: ffmpeg < 3.0

??

> Olaf