[packman] dropping support for SLE_11

Richard Brown RBrownCCB at opensuse.org
Tue Aug 16 20:02:39 CEST 2016

On 16 August 2016 at 15:07, Bruno Friedmann <bruno at ioda-net.ch> wrote:
> On mardi, 16 août 2016 10.51:53 h CEST Luigi Baldoni wrote:
>> Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:38 PM
>> From: "Olaf Hering" <olaf at aepfle.de>
>>
>> > Does anyone still care about SLE_11 in packman? I think its time to
>> > retire it to free resources. The binary packages will remain on the
>> > mirrors.
>>
>> I seriously doubt anyone using SLE11 at this point is interested in
>> multimedia packages.
>
> Perhaps not easy as it sounds, but did you check stats to see if there's any
> hits on the repodata of this repository ?
> (Yeah yeah I know mirrors :-))

Multimedia packages are primarily for Desktop distributions

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 support ended on 31st March 2016

https://www.suse.com/lifecycle/

If SUSE is no longer providing infrastructure or updates for it's
paying-for-SLED-11 customers, instead expecting them to be using SLED
12, then I believe this would be a logical approach for Packman to
follow