[packman] Does Handbrake work for anybody on Tumbleweed?

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Aug 15 13:12:27 CEST 2016

Hi there,

with reference to my former message(s) about the status of packman for
Tumbleweed, I have now reached a state where most stuff works. However,
Handbrake isn't able to convert almost anything. I used some digicam
videos and some .ts files from an AV receiver, but Handbrake simply
fails to properly scan them in and/or detect anything.

Here is what I did:

1. zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from multimedia:libs.obs
2. zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from packman-essentials --from packman-multimedia

[multimedia:libs.obs] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
[packman-essentials] rsync copy from packman.inode.at::packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
[packman-multimedia] rsync copy from packman.inode.at::packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

I have also ensured that ffmpeg from packman is used because the version from
multimedia:libs.obs produces "unknown parameter" messages with winff.

My ultimate question really is, does Handbrake actually work for anyone?
If so, which repos do you use?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred