[packman] kodi and handbrake (at least) fail to build on current Tumbleweed (was: What is the status of Packman for/on current Tumbleweed?)

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Aug 1 13:44:51 CEST 2016

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016, 13:32:57 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> El 2016-07-31 a las 16:10 +0200, Manfred Hollstein escribió:
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2016, 15:58:21 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
>
> > This leads me back to my initial question: What is the current
> > recommendation for using Packman on Tumbleweed - now extended by "and
> > not having to add openSUSE:multimedia:libs"?
>
> In that situation you need two packman repos with different policies.
> One that keeps synced with TW official versions, and another that
> follows the old policy of having the most recent version of anything
> (the traditional packman policy). Perhaps in sync with
> openSUSE:multimedia, I don't know.
>
> Or choose one of the two policies.

This is what I did on my systems:

1. Accept vendor change for all packages no longer provided by Packman,
   i.e. take the version coming with TW itself
2. Switch to the packages from oS:m:l for all orphaned packages,
   i.e.  libavcodec57, libavdevice57, libavfilter6, libavformat57,
   libavresample3, libavutil55, libpostproc54, libswresample2, libswscale4
3. The oS:m:l repositories priority is set to 100

I tried to run some programs to see if they still work, especially
encoding/decoding the proprietary stuff, and they do run. So, this works
for me.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred