[packman] What is the status of Packman for/on current Tumbleweed?

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Mon Aug 1 08:19:50 CEST 2016

Am 31. Juli 2016 14:39:56 MESZ, schrieb Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net>:
>Hi there,
>
>I'm not sure what I see is what it should be...

The state of TW is what it should be. ffmpeg is in OBS since a year, but at that time noone did the "switch" that was done 10 days ago. Only a subset of pkgs need to be built in PMBS (ffmpeg, gst-bad|ugly,  vlc). The remaining pkgs dont need to come from packman. The few listed above will pull their libs via rpm dependencies.

There will be a few stale pkgs for the time being after a zypper dup. The vendor change and downgrade is expected, just allow it by pressing 1 so many times.

At the same time there was the switch to gcc6, which triggered some failures as well. Kodi should be fixed by now.

In general I think it is wrong to force a fixed ffmpeg version, unless its the 2.8 or ffpmeg_oldapi API.

Olaf