[packman] Leap 42.1 Packman repos

JohnMario DoeRossi johnmario.doerossi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:01:56 CEST 2015

Hi there.

First of all thank you to the Packman team for your great job.

My first time here, I'm Gabriele Tettamanzi, an enthusiast openSUSE desktop
user, also known as gabriel_3.and I'm one in the mods of openSUSE official
subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/openSUSE/).

In these days there are some guys testing openSUSE Leap - I'm one of them;
they post on our subreddit asking for Packman repos and I'm suggesting them
to use the SLE12 repos, as I'm doing.

However it turned out from Richard Brown - openSUSE Chairman, commenting a
post of mine. that there's a Packman Leap repo built but not released for
public usage.

Please, may I kindly suggest you:

* if the packages are needing some more testing, to declare the new Leap
repos as experimental, give the community  a link to the repos  and let us
test them and feedback issues;

* if the repos are ready, release them even if the Leap release day will be
November 4th - we Leap early adopters are using other repos of yours, so
you will see just a first day updating peak, not a huge additional traffic.

I've no title to express other community members opinion, however I guess
we -are opened to any other early releasing solution you have.

Thank you so much for your attention to my words above.

Keep up your great job.

Truly yours,

Gabriele "gabriel_3" Tettamanzi