[packman] packages with _serivce files fail

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 16 11:43:51 CET 2015

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:29:38 +0100
"Luigi Baldoni" <aloisio at gmx.com> wrote:

> > Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 at 9:19 AM
> > From: "Olaf Hering" <olaf at aepfle.de>
> > To: packman at links2linux.de
> > Subject: [packman] packages with _serivce files fail
> >
> > I have added a _service file to that pkg to fix build in 11.4.
> > Later I realized that 11.4 had an overlay "rpm" pkg without the
> > tilde handling, which I removed now.
>
> Why are we still fixing stuff for 11.4? I thought 13.1 was the new
> Evergreen...

We fix 11.4 as long as there is Evergreen 11.4 - which is still in
place.
Evergreen 13.1 will pick up once official support for 13.1 stops, which
is about 2 months away.

But also note, that Evergreen support is best-effort. As always we
should concentrate on the two current distributions, as time is limited.

Olaf: _service(es) SHOULD work. I will have a look in the log files
later today and pick up here.

Greetings,

Stefan
--