[packman] PMBS problems please help

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:30:13 CET 2015

On 11/5/15, Stefan Botter <jsj at jsj.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:37:50 +0200
> Dave Plater <davejplater at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've put the latest blender in Extra as part of syncing it with
>> openSUSE, in fact because a watered down ffmpeg is in openSUSE Leap
>> and upwards all I really need to do is link the package and it doesn't
>> build for 13.2 and down anymore because of numerous dependencies.
>> This I can sort out later but for now blender only builds for Leap in
>> Extra. It builds happily in my home:davepl project for Tumbleweed but
>> in Extra it's unresolved for all the ffmpeg libraries. It also fails
>> the Factory build.
>> To aggravate this problem command line osc won't operate on PMBS with
>> my new and only Leap42.1 installation, when I try osc meta prj in my
>> local home:davepl directory it returns:
>> Failed to reach a server:
>>  [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed
>> (_ssl.c:581)
>
> Without doing a test on Leap myself, my guess here is the missing
> CAcert certificates in your certificate store. Try installing the
> packages ca-certificates-cacert (i hope this is still available on
> Leap), or install the Root and Class 3 certificate from cacert.org's
> page.
Thanks I'll try that.

>> If I could at least read Extra's prj meta, I might have a clue about
>> the blender problems. I thought it was a transient problem so I waited
>> until today.
>> I have a new home directory with Leap, my old 12.1 was so broken that
>> I thought it better. My build service directory is not under home but
>> on another partition but was working before I nuked 12.1
>
> If all else fails you can have a look through the web interface.
> The significant difference between your home project and Extra is, that
> you are building against openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:42.1, and Extra is
> building against Multimedia, and in turn Essentials.

I've since used BuildRequires: pkgconfig( for all the ffmpeg libs and
at least that gives the same result in openSUSE build service as the
Packman one. I looked at the Packman libffmpeg-devel and it provides
what it requires so maybe that's a clue but it doesn't explain why
Leap builds flawlessly.

Dave