[packman] where did smplayer2 go?

Karsten Keil keil at b1-systems.de
Sat Mar 7 12:56:03 CET 2015

Hi Felix,

Am 07.03.2015 um 09:01 schrieb Felix Miata:
> I have it installed here on 13.1, preferable to VLC for file types I
> typically use. I tried to install it on anyother system, and zypper cannot
> find it. Neither can https://software.opensuse.org/, for any release. Has
> smplayer-14 replaced it?

Yes - so far I know. smplayer now can use MPlayer mplayer2 and mpv as
backend, so here is no need to have smplayer2, which was a frontend for
mplayer2. Current default is mpv - if not overwritten by an local config
file.

Karsten

--
Linux Consultant, Linux Kernel Developer
Tel.: +49-175-7249132
Mail: keil at b1-systems.de

B1 Systems GmbH