[packman] Kodi movie scanner not working

Fabian Scheler fabian.scheler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:53:26 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am currently using kodi 14.2 (package kodi-14.2-2.6.x86_64.rpm for
openSUSE 13.2) and I am experiencing the following problem:

- I add a directory as source for movie files
- I set the content (movie files) and choose "The Movie Database" as scraper
- I acknowledge the dialogue to scan the directory for movies

The process of scanning the directory then finishes almost immediately
and finds no movies (however, there are plenty of them in the
directory). And whenever I set the content of the directory again, the
dialogue tells me that there is no content type set for this
directory. So I have the feeling that setting the content just does
not work.

Could anyone here confirm this behaviour? I am asking on the
packman-list first, because maybe this is a build-specific issue and I
was not able to find similar problem descriptions for kodi so far.

Thanks for reading!

CIao, Fabiang