[packman] "Who are you?"

Amarildo Santini JĂșnior amarildojunior at riseup.net
Thu Jun 11 01:16:06 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am Amarildo, from Brazil. I'm a long-timer Linux user, I use Arch Linux and
Debian at the moment. However, both them are disappointing me in regards to
the AMD video drivers, so I'll have to move to another distro soon because I
need good drivers to work with 3D modeling and GPU rendering in Blender.

I love openSUSE, it has an amazing KDE integration and AMD support, but I
never used it much because I don't trust it's 3rd party repositories. I don't
mean to offend you guys in any way, shape or form, it's just that I don't know
who's behind Packman, I don't know if there are security audits on the
packages you build, and because of that I never really used openSUSE that
much, even though it would be easily on my Top list of Linux distros.

I think overall your packages are high quality and I really would like to use
your repositories, but I'm (literally) paranoid and if I don't see a good
reason to trust your packages I might have to back to Windows, and I was
hoping you guys could help me out on this one.
--

Regards,
Amarildo