[packman] xmms for SLE 12

Stanislav Baiduzhyi baiduzhyi.devel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 13:44:00 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Frank Steiner
<fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a chance for adding a SLE 12 branch for xmms? It seems that
> arts-devel, gtk-devel and libxml-devel are the missing dependencies.
> arts-devel and libxml-devel are provied by packman itself, gtk-devel
> is only available as gtk2-devel in SLE 12. packman does provide
> gtk-devel 1.2.0 only for SLE 11, so it might need a SLE 12 branch there,
> too.
>
> Would be nice if that was possible :-)

Hm, that will be the only existing gtk1 application in last 8 or so
years. Probably will be a maintenance horror.

Out of curiosity, do you have something very specific to do with xmms
or do you just want winamp-style audio player? If latter - I switched
myself to qmmp, but also bmp is quite nice, they both support
winamp/xmms skins.