[packman] latest transcode packages don't contain /usr/bin/transcode / k3b can't find transcode any more after update

Stephan van den Akker stephanv778 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 11:09:15 CET 2015

Thanks. This fixed the error message in k3b that transcode is not installed.

Now I get an error message in k3b that transcode doesn't support the
needed codecs.

I did some digging in de k3b source code. k3b checks for the presence
of certain .so files in the directory provided by "tcmodinfo -p"

Some of these .so files have apparently been renamed from transcode
v1.5 to v.1.2 from "export_*"  to "encode_*". so k3b can't find them
any more. Is this is a transcode packaging decision by packman, or an
upstream change?

Greetings,

Stephan van den Akker