[packman] Low memory problem with Extra/blender

Jimmy Berry jimmy at boombatower.com
Sat Dec 5 07:13:38 CET 2015

I ran into the same problem when we talked about this a short while
back and it seemed like you indicated you solved the problem. The
_constraints file does exactly as the name suggests and should contain
the build to only machines that can supply the requirements for the
build process. It was an attempt to require the amount of RAM one
needs. As I mentioned on the previous thread none of the pmbs machines
seem to provide enough to bump it very high as the job just stays in
the scheduling phase (don't remember specific value), but I believe
the maintainer of pmbs mentioned he was upgrading some of the machines
or somesuch which would provide a bit more.

https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/rdiff/Extra/blender?linkrev=base&rev=13
I presume that never built in your home:davepl/blender so you
shouldn't be submitting that to the Extra package as it won't build
there either. Check the email thread but 1.3 or 1.5GB was about as
much as pmbs provides.

You should just look at the output of `osc` command to as there are a
few different ways to link the package. You probably just want `osc
linkpac`. I had a link when I originally branched from b.o.o which
seemed to work, but is not indicated in web interface. Otherwise, it
seemed to function as expected.

The diff I had between pmbs blender and upstream (b.o.o) was only a
few tweaks to build with extra features so it shouldn't be a big deal
to turn on.

--
Jimmy