[packman] live555

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Sun Oct 5 23:15:14 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, Mariusz Fik wrote:

> Dnia sobota, 4 października 2014 11:03:58 Lorenzo Porta pisze:
> > I've seen the submit request for the live555 package. But that package is
> > already in the official repositories, so here's my proposal: why don't we
> > simply link it to "multimedia:libs" and enable the builds only for opensuse
> > < 13.1 repos?
>
> I would use openSUSE:Factory instead multimedia:libs. Version from devel
> project can be sometimes unstable/problematic.

Waiting for a new version in Factory means the problem exists longer,
compared to the devel package.

I have made that change already. Unfortunately MPlayer has no support
for the current live555 API, so I applied a patch to get it going. Not
sure if that broke RTSP etc. support. At least I was able to play audio
from rtsp:// urls. The video part was appearently already broken, vlc
worked fine.

If anyone does see a regression, please speak up.

Olaf