[packman] Spotify installer is not working in openSUSE 13.2 amd64

Hans Hohenfeld hans.hohenfeld at posteo.de
Tue Nov 11 12:53:02 CET 2014

Dear all,

I've just tried to install spotify on my fresh openSUSE 13.2 (64 bit)
installation via the spotify-installer from the Packman repo.
Unfortunately it didn't work out of the box due to two reasons:

1. Versions:
Currently there are different versions for 32bit (9.4....) and 64bit
(9.11....) available from the spotify debian/ubuntu repo, the installer
script only works for the 9.4.... and therefore fails to download the
*.deb for a 64 bit system. I changed the version in the install-spotify
script and the spec file (without the trailing -1) and succeeded till
problem 2 occurred

2. Libs:
The spotify client is linked against libgcrypt.so.11 from package
libgcrypt11 and libudev.so.0 from package libudev0. Both packages aren't
available on openSUSE 13.2 anymore (libudev1 and libgcrypt20 instead).
I've installed both packages from a different third party repo and now
the spotify...rpm can be installed and the client works like a charm :)
Maybe it is a good idea to include libudev0 and libgcrypt11 packages
into the packman repo for the time being and add them as dependency for
the spotify-installer.

Besides that, thank you for your work on this fantastic repository :)

If you have any questions, just let me know.

best regards,

Hans