[packman] Factory and openSUSE_Tumbleweed merger

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Tue Nov 4 16:26:40 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, Martin Schlander wrote:

> Maybe the Tumbleweed repo can just be deleted, and the Factory one renamed to
> Tumbleweed, more or less.

coolo put it nicely: "There are no Factory users, there are only
Factory developers. And they develop Tumbleweed, which is developed in
Factory for Tumbleweed users."

IMO packman is for users. And Tumbleweed is for users, so thats what we
should provide.  There is also that fast moving target "Factory" which
will most likely cause many of rebuilds. Those rebuilds are wasted time
because the delta between Tumbleweed and Factory will be small. I think
there is enough time to catch up with changes in Factory.

So we should provide just a single repo for "Tumbleweed". The name in
the URL is likely fixed due to the way publishing works. So I propose
to have just this entry in 'meta prj':

  <repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
    <path project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Tumbleweed" repository="standard"/>
    <arch>x86_64</arch>
    <arch>i586</arch>
  </repository>

The existing 'Factory' should be removed.

Olaf