[packman] Devede

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 1 17:05:36 CET 2014

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014, 04:48:28 schrieb Carl Fletcher:
> Error is present in both 13.1 and 13.2, although they differ slightly, the
> mkisofs is the cause of the error.
> In a test scenario I chose break devede...
> And the app works fine
13.2 contains mkisofs. But you have to remove cdrkit-cdrtools-compat because
they conflict. cdrkit is/was a fork/replacement for cdrecord and related tools
like mkisofs. You'd better use the original though as it is actively
developed, especially as it is now again part of the distribution.
So I would suggest to choose "deinstallation of cdrkit-cdrtools-
compat-1.1.11-20.1.7.x86_64" as solution.

For 13.1 and earlier the dependencies are wrong. "break devede by ignoring
some of its dependencies" is the correct action and does not really "break"
anything.

I filed a bug report about this (and similar problems with other packages) a
few months ago, but it has been ignored so far unfortunately:
https://bugs.links2linux.org/browse/PM-113

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang