[packman] too much updates

Martin Schlander martin.schlander at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:26:04 CET 2014

Fredag den 28. marts 2014 11:40:07 skrev Hendrik Vogelsang:
> On 27.03.2014 17:21, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> > The alternative would be to have separate
> > projects for each release and linking the Packman packages to the
> > corresponding Packages in stable releases on OBS
>
> One of the main reasons for having Packman is to provide updates to the
> latest and greatest versions of various packages....

I guess the problem is not so much the "real" updates, but all the rebuilds
with little or no changes.

Maybe it would be possible to only republish the repo once every 1-2 weeks or
something. Of course this is not a problem specific to Packman, but goes for
any large OBS repo.

Personally I configure Apper/PackageKit to only show patches, so I don't get
notified about the other stuff. From time to time I manually update some stuff,
when there are actually some "real" updates.

But I know a lot of people are installing all those rebuilds every day
thinking each and every one is an important official update.