[packman] too much updates

Guido Berhoerster guido+links2linux.de at berhoerster.name
Thu Mar 27 17:21:06 CET 2014

* Kyrill Detinov <lazy.kent at opensuse.org> [2014-03-27 17:13]:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:59:21 +0200 richard wrote:
>
> > it seems pretty abnormal to me, every day, 50-70 MB of updates
>
> The Pakcman repos are rebuilt following every openSUSE update.

The "issue" is that e.g. the gstreamer packages in Essentials are
linked to Factory thus are rebuilt almost daily leading to the
observed update churn. The alternative would be to have separate
projects for each release and linking the Packman packages to the
corresponding Packages in stable releases on OBS which implies of
course a greater maintenance overhead.
--
Guido Berhoerster