[packman] vlc spec patch and a question

Claudio claudiozumbo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:45:05 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm darklight_ from IRC, real name Claudio, I'm sure I've bugged a few
of you the past few days (jsj knows what I'm talking about :) ) and I'd
like to ask if it would be possible to commit the attached patch to the
vlc spec file (and rebuild obviously) to fix an issue with gnome
(https://bugs.links2linux.org/browse/PM-108) , there might be other
packages that need a similar patch but vlc and gnome-mplayer are the
only ones I'm aware of (the gnome-mplayer maintainer has already fixed
it).

The question I have is about a completely different issue, why are
packages rebuilt against updates ? There are no upgrades but only bug
and security fixes (as far as I know) so is there a specific reason? if
not would it be possible to not do it ? It wouldn't make sense.

Keep up the great work :)

Thank you

Claudio