[packman] w32codec-all dependencies for openSUSE 13.2

LB aloisio at gmx.com
Mon Dec 29 21:43:48 CET 2014

Stanislav Baiduzhyi <baiduzhyi.devel at ...> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> w32coded-all cannot be installed on openSUSE 13.2 because it specifically
> requires libstdc++.so.5, while 13.2 goes with libstdc++.so.6. Could someone
> please take a look at it, or point me to issue tracker if I missed one.

A kind soul on opensuse-buildservice pointed out there are a few linux
library blobs inside that package.
Further examination shows the culprits to be cook.so and drvc.so.

Now, a few questions arise:
What codecs do those libraries handle?
Are there other, hopefully free implementations thereof?
Is the whole w32codec-all of any use since no other package requires it?

Regards