[packman] VLC unusably tiny on higher DPI screens

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 02:38:46 CET 2014

I'm no more than a very occasional VLC user, but I'm trying to configure a
system for a nearly blind person who had been using VLC to "play" his
"books". We upgraded him from openSUSE 11.3 and KDE3 to 13.1 with KDE3, along
with a new motherboard. VLC was hard to use before. Now it's impossible.
Here's a look at why:

before: too small:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/vlcDPI120os113.jpg

after: even worse:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/vlcDPI120os131.jpg

Does anyone know if there's something that can be installed or configured to
make everything in the UI big enough to be useful? I can't even find a file
open method in the newer player due to the tiny UI features.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/