[packman] regression: handbrake-unstable stops working (x264)

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:05:05 CET 2014

Hi Dominik,

Am 22.11.2014 um 21:13 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:

>> Test video: http://koppnik.de/dvbcut/1min.mpg
>> I switched to the released 0.9.9, reinstalled some gstreamer and libav
>> packages and handbrake works now mostly. Typical videos (DVB-S recordings)
>> are working with handbrake, but the test video above not.
>> (the test video worked up to version 0.9.8)
>
> Ok, This has nothing to do with x264 (if you omit "-e x264", it will
> fail exactly the same), it fails while decoding the video.

I did investigate this today:
* windows HandBrakeCLI does not show the problem
* prebuilt ubuntu HandBrakeCLI does not show the problem
* packman HandBrakeCLI shows the problem

=> investigate the binaries, find that libav is configured differently.
=> our version does not have "-DNDEBUG", windows and ubuntu has
=> find out, that "--debug=max" configure option removes -DNDEBUG
=> change this to "--debug=std", so -DNDEBUG is added and asserts are
   noops.
=> fix fallout from this with "no-return-in-nonvoid-function.patch"
=> submit to Multimedia

Now (as soon as it is built), Multimedia will have handbrake-0.10.0,
which does no longer suffer from this bug.
handbrake-unstable is still at 0.9.9.xxx and is now *older than the
stable version* and still borken.

Once I see interesting changes in svn, I might update
handbrake-unstable, but I might also totally lose interest :-)

Best regards, and have a lot of fun...

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried