[packman] two bugs ...

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 22:04:02 CEST 2014

Am Samstag, 2. August 2014, 14:34:28 schrieb Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza:
> Dear listmembers,
> I have been facing two issues with current packman for openSUSE-13.1 I'd like
> to report:
>
> 1.) wineasio
> Wineasio is available for 64Bit and for 32Bit. If you want to run a 32Bit
> application on 64Bit wine it seems to me as if this does not work. There is no
> wineasio-32bit XXX package.
> Tell me if I am wrong - I  solved this by manually copying the 32bit wineasio-
> dll to /usr/lib/wine. After that, I modified the sources to provide both 64bit
> and 32bit versions in one x86_64 package. So, if anyone is interested in,
> please let me know whom / where to send the apropriate patch for the wineasio-
> source rpm.

In a few hours Packman will provide wineasio-32bit packages.

A previous commit ~ 2 months ago states:
"32bit version is tested to work fine.
64bit version crashes here - but at least this is closer to upstream now"

> 2.) libjack
> libjack.so.0 is part of libjack0-32bit-1.9.9.5-5.1.2.x86_64. Unfortunately the
> link
>
> libjack.so -> libjack.so.0.1.0
>
> in /usr/lib is missing in this package. I ask the maintainer to add this link,
> without it, the 32bit binary for wineasio - dll cannot be build on x86_64.

We don't need this (and hopefully don't introduce an unneeded additional -devel-32bit package):
i586 uses libjack-devel-$VERSION.i586.rpm package which contains the proper link.
wineasio-32bit-$VERSION.x86_64.rpm package will be generated in same buildroot ...

Johannes