[packman] GStreamer on 13.1

Cristian Morales Vega christian.morales.vega at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 16:53:53 CET 2013

On 11 November 2013 15:24, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB at opensuse.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 15:10 +0000, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
>> On 11 November 2013 15:02, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB at opensuse.org> wrote:
> I already *have* all the GStreamer 1.2 packages from Packman manually
> installed, but Totem/GStreamer+PackageKit clearly wants the 1.0 (from
> 13.1 oss repo) as well.

I think Dominique/Dimstar is the openSUSE person who better
understands it, you may ask him. But AFAIK
"Totem/GStreamer+PackageKit" should not "want the 1.0 as well". The
1.2 packages *are* enough, and it should be happy with them. Asking
for the 1.0 one is IMHO a bug.

> At least that's the theory I'd like to pursue, unless there is an
> absolutely compelling reason why Packman must provide GStreamer 1.2 when
> 13.1 is released?

Packman has a long tradition of providing the latest version. Whether
that's a good idea or not is debatable, but long traditions are always
difficult to change.